The kit includes:
- Our PEOPLE FIRST ACS Staff Training, 32-slide PowerPoint (value $495),
- Our PEOPLE FIRST ACS Staff Training, 36-page Guidebook (value $45 – which is the handout for your workshop participants),
- Up to three 30-minute phone consultations with AODA Expert, Trish Robichaud, to support you in the development of your organization’s training plan (value $295).
- Our PEOPLE FIRST ACS Train-the-Trainer, 10-module, 219-page Trainer’s Manual (value $1,595), complete with:
- Content on appropriate language and attitude for referring to and interacting with people with disabilities,
- A good look at the relevant accessibility legislation,
- Explanations of the 6 general types of disabilities and the 4 types of barriers,
- Accommodation strategies and customer service tips related to each type of disability,
- Direction on the “Art of Adult Education Facilitation“,
- Tips for interacting with people who have service animals or support persons,
- A general understanding of assistive devices and assistive technologies,
- An overview on communication disabilities, communication barriers and customer service tips for each,
- A “tickle-truck” of practical resources that includes everything from a facilitator’s shopping list, a pre-workshop checklist and multiple exercise instructions to review cards, a workshop evaluation form and a participant certificate, and
- A lengthy list of online resources and tools for further developing the facilitator’s comfort level with the content, the legislation and the collection of supports.