This training is intended for all full and part-time staff of the organization and will bring you into compliance with the training requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
This program runs $35 per person for a minimum of 10 people or $350 to a maximum of 30 people per webinar session. Volume discounts may be negotiated.
How Your Staff Will Benefit
- Receive appropriate direction on interacting and communicating with people with disabilities as well as their service animals and support personnel
- Develop a new awareness about the needs of people with disabilities
- Gain a genuine respect for fair and equitable treatment
- Enhance sensitivity about the challenges faced by people with disabilities
- New understanding on how to handle situations where accessibility is difficult or solutions are ambiguous
- Explore the impact of positive and negative language
- Discover the opportunities available to you to improve and provide accommodations
- Be fully informed and empowered on the topic of Accessible Customer Service
- Receive training specifically designed to meet the criteria outlined and mandated by Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation under the AODA.
Your Staff Will Learn
- About the basic principals of Accessible Customer Service and the compliance components of the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service.
- Appropriate terminology and disability etiquette
- Tips for communicating and interacting with people with disabilities
- Respectful practices regarding disability supports such as assistive devices, service animals and support persons
- Tools for addressing ambiguous situations and challenges
- Strategies for identifying and removing barriers in your work environment