This training is intended for all full and part-time staff of the organization and will bring you into compliance with the trainig requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
This program runs $35 per person for a minimum of 10 people or $350 to a maximum of 50 people per webinar session. No additional cost for an additional session or two, pricing is just the per person amount. Volume discounts may be negotiated.
How Your Staff Will Benefit
- Receive appropriate direction on interacting and communicating with people with disabilities as well as their service animals and support personnel
- Develop a new awareness about the needs of people with disabilities
- Gain a genuine respect for fair and equitable treatment
- Enhance sensitivity about the challenges faced by people with disabilities
- New understanding on how to handle situations where accessibility is difficult or solutions are ambiguous
- Explore the impact of positive and negative language
- Discover the opportunities available to you to improve and provide accommodations
- Be fully informed and empowered on the topic of Accessible Customer Service
- Receive training specifically designed to meet the criteria outlined and mandated by Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation under the AODA.
Your Staff Will Learn
- About the basic principals of Accessible Customer Service and the compliance components of the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service.
- Appropriate terminology and disability etiquette
- Tips for communicating and interacting with people with disabilities
- Respectful practices regarding disability supports such as assistive devices, service animals and support persons
- Tools for addressing ambiguous situations and challenges
- Strategies for identifying and removing barriers in your work environment