Cultural Change Through Courageous Conversations
TRISH ROBICHAUD is a multiple award-winning Motivational Speaker, Disability Inclusion Coach, Maximum Life & Business Coach. Her business is called CHANGING PACES. Trish has been providing coaching, counselling and advocacy support to people with disabilities for over two decades, and training, speaking and consulting to organizations on disability issues for over ten years.
With her passion for advocacy, Trish served on the York Region Accessibility Advisory Committee for 7 years, the last year as Vice Chair. She spearheaded the founding of an MS Society of Canada Chapter in her area and served on that board for 14 years, 4 as Chapter Chair. Trish was honoured in 2004 by the MS Society of Canada as their most valued volunteer at both the provincial as well as the national levels.
In response to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Changing Paces was the first training firm in Ontario to have developed, tested and implemented an Accessible Customer Service Training Program.
Their program PEOPLE FIRST has been well regarded across the province by a multitude of public, private sector & non-profit organizations since November 2007. Trish was the author of that training program & continues to provide content development support to organizations looking to create a customized AODA training program of their own.
Trish’s services include, but are not limited to educational, inspirational or motivational speaking. Costs related to those services are as follows:
$3,000 for corporate events &
$1,500 for non-profits
The following is just a sampling of some of Trish’s past clients.
Motivational Speaking Engagement Clients
- MS Society, Alberta Division, Edmonton, Alberta
- MS Society, Saskatchewan Division, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
- MS Society, York South Chapter, Richmond Hill, Ontario
- MS Society, York East Chapter, Markham, Ontario
- National Neutropenia Network, Ann Arbour, Michigan
- Just Checking Shared Learning event, Vineland, Ontario
- MS Windsor-Essex County Chapter, Windsor, Ontario
- Teva Patient Advocate Conference, Montreal, Quebec
- MS Society, Durham Chapter, Whitby, Ontario
- Canadian Hearing Society, Newmarket, Ontario
- Southlake Village, Newmarket, Ontario
- MS Society, York North Chapter, Keswick, Ontario
- Job Skills – Brampton, Brampton, Ontario
- MS Society, Scarborough Chapter, Scarborough, Ontario
Other Clients Have Included
- Ministry of Government Services’ Accessibility Expo held at Queen’s Park on Thursday May 28th, 2009– Trish delivered their keynote address featuring an inspirational speech titled “Accessibility Empowers All” – Delegates included 300 representatives from across the Province who work on accessibility efforts within their own Ministries.
- Ministry of Community Safety & Correctional Services, Emergency Management Ontario – Trish hosted and recorded a series of internet radio interviews with ministry staff on emergency preparedness for people with disabilities.
- Accessibility Directorate of Ontario – Hired by Curriculum Services Canada (CSC), Trish has served as the disability subject matter expert on two projects that CSC was engaged for by the Directorate to produce a series of accessibility videos; the first project was focused on the AODA Customer Service Standard and the second for the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation.
- Government of Canada, Department of Justice – Trish served as an expert panelist for Justice Canada’s webcast presentation in celebration of the International Day of Persons with Disabilities in January 2013.
- Toronto Pearson Airport – Trish and her team trained over 600 airport customer service staff on the AODA Accessible Customer Service Standards & confidently interacting with people with disabilities in April 2015.
Videos & Awards
The following videos were professionally produced in honour of 2 awards that Trish received in 2008.
- This first one was presented to Trish by Peter Van Loan, MP on behalf of the Georgina Chamber of Commerce in celebration of her success as a small business owner.
- This second award was presented to Trish by Robert Herjavec of The Dragon’s Den, on behalf of SEDI, Social and Enterprise Development Initiative. SEDI is a national organization that recognized Trish, again, for her success is self-employment.
- In October 2012, Trish received the PowerExpo Mentor Excellence Award presented by Epoch Staffing Services at their PowerExpo conference.
TV/Radio Guest Appearances
- BlogTalkRadio’s Miboso Radio with Rosemarie Davies Janes
- Rogers’ InSights with Pam McDonald
- TVO’s “More To Life” with host Mary Ito
- Liquid Lunch – web TV show shot in Toronto
Radio Show Host
Trish hosts a radio show called www.AccessTALKwithTrish.com on BlogTalkRadio.com. Her mission is to examine the good, the bad and the reality of accessibility in our communities.
Please be sure to listen to one of Trish’s radio show episodes and get a feel for her presence and her infectious sense of humour. Click the player below to listen to some of her show archives.