This 2-hour program is a condensed delivery of our 3-4 hour Accessible Customer Service (ACS) Staff Training program. Training will meet the essentials of the training requirements defined in the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service and the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation under the AODA.
This program runs $1,495 per event with a $500 deductible booking fee and can be delivered to up to 50 people at a time. A discount may be available for multiple deliveries.
It is intended specifically for management and senior organizational members and takes a seminar-type approach. It can be delivered in a “Lunch ‘n Learn” setting or delivered virtually by webinar.
How Your Management Team Will Benefit
- Appreciate and understand the rationale and objectives of current disability legislation
- Build confidence in your grasp of the various components mandated by the Act and its regulations
- Develop a vision and a plan for the implementation of an AODA program within your organization
- Learn the compliance and enforcement provisions involving inspections and penalties
- Raise the awareness and expertise of your personnel to ensure your organization is both in compliance with Ontario legislation and well prepared to support, serve and accommodate people with disabilities.
Your Management Team Will Learn
- The purpose and vision of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA)
- The compliance components of the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service (ASCS)
- The compliance components of the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation – covering Employment, Information & Communications, Transportation & Design of Public Spaces
- Ways to support your personnel in effectively serving and supporting people with disabilities
- Proper disability etiquette and appropriate language
- How to build a long-term vision of your organization’s contributions to a barrier-free Ontario
Use the button below to book some time for us to talk about your accessibility needs:
Sign up for our Updates and download our Free GIFT!…
Once a week you’ll receive an email with excerpts about any new items we’ve added to our Library of Accessibility Resources in the past 7 days.
As thanks for your attention, we have a free, downloadable gift for you. An
Use it as an icebreaker at your next meeting!